Sunday, January 27, 2013

celtic pride


So it’s been a while since I’ve been on and blogged. I keep telling myself I need to get on here and post. Hell even my husband keeps telling me I need to post. But I’ve been going through a lot lately and I haven’t felt much like writing….I know I know that’s the whole point about blogging right? To talk about the things in life that get us down? …maybe…
Personally I have always been a bit more of a privet person. I keep a lot of my pain bottled up inside me (sometimes with the help of a bottle) then tonight while surfing facebook I found an awesome post on http://www.facebook.com/PrideOfTheIrish (one of my new favorite pages) and I was like yes!! That’s it right there…I can’t even begin to count the number of times I’ve had to pick up the pieces of my life dust myself off and  start over again.  And maybe it’s the Irish in me…or Scottish…or Welsh…ok well regardless I am a Celt!! Even if just part…
One thing I have been doing lately …while not blogging…is exploring more of my Celtic heritage.  Trying to understand what it really means to be Irish/Scottish/Welsh/etc. and you know what I have found. It’s not the food (although good) or the music (even though it does make my spirit sing) or even hot guys in kilts (seriously though…) that makes a Celt a Celt. It’s something deep down inside that drives you to want to be a better person…no matter how hard you have to fight to do it. It’s that drunk little leprechaun sitting on your shoulder cheering you on as you fight for the life you deserve.
We may be better lovers then fighters….but by God’s we are fighters when we have to be. Ok so honest truth time…I know I have given up on many fights in the past that just seem too hard to win, or just not worth the fight. But I haven’t given up on life and I won’t stop fighting for the life I want to live. And I think I may have finally had enough of life trying to kick me while I’m down that it’s time to stand up tall and say you know what life? You hit like a bitch! Have another shot of whiskey and keep on moving forward with my life rather the sit here worrying about what else Life has to throw at me.
This year I told my husband that my New Years resolution was that 2013 would be a better year than 2012 because we would make the changes to make it better. And even though life seems to be hitting hard right now…and so far I like 2013 less than 2012…I will not give up. And this WILL be a much better year !!
Slainte!

1 comment: