Friday, September 7, 2012

introductions please

So I am staring this at the request of a good friend who lives far away and wants to keep up on my new adventures. Also, I thought, maybe others would be interested in the wild ramblings of a mad Scott ;-)
I can be a bit spastic at times so please don't mind me if i meander around quite often. Mostly this Blog will be about my exploration of the pre-christian spiritual concepts of the Celtic and Nordic peoples. there will also be quite a few posts about my personal life as I try and explore this new path. of course not everything I do will be spirit based, in fact most of it will be about modern reconstruction of old customs (and connecting with customs still alive but left behind when my ancestors moved to the new world). I am of Scottish, Irish, Welsh, Danish, German, and Swiss decent. (and a bit more tossed in but these are the ones I will be focusing on in my explorations)

I spent many years working in the book industry so I will also toss out the occasional book recommendation from time to time. But this has also built up quite the odd collection of cookbooks and craft books I have been digging through for new ideas. so along with my spiritual pursuits you will be invited into my kitchen (for good or ill) my craft room (as i attempt to learn old crafts and make traditional garb) and to come along with me as I attend various Highland Games, Renaissance Faires, and other festivals.

So pick up your feet, grab a bottle of mead and get ready to explore the messed up world that is me.

No comments:

Post a Comment