Saturday, April 27, 2013

Bealltainn


You ever have one of those days where you realize you used to have what you needed most but don’t because you thought you’d never really have a need for it so you got rid of it? Yeah, that’s me today…

With Bealltainn around the corner and the hunting trip for the store front coming up I figure it’s time to do some prosperity work.  I was given the idea of making Rowan Charms using red thread and branches. Of course I’m not as up on the knowledge of tree’s as I should be. And then I discover that in America we have Mt. Ash as the closest thing. Well dang there used to be one outside of my house in Utah! I thought I still had some clippings from it…but all I can find is a bag of leaves. Perhaps I can work with this…
Well the good news is I still have a couple days of hunting before I need the branches, so maybe …god’s willing… I can still make one in time.

So we are about a week out from meeting with our Realtor to look at some options. One is currently a top contender it has a back yard and greenhouse on the property so we can grow flowers and herbs for tea and cooking. YAY!! I’ll let you know how that works out. Also I would like to take some dwarf citrus trees up to Idaho from down here. To have fresh citrus in Idaho without going to the store?? Yes please!

On another note I have been getting back into jewelry making and have made a few necklace’s this week. Hoping they sell well at the store! Here’s a couple pics:  

No comments:

Post a Comment